Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Auld Lang Syne? Bah!

I have a confession to make. I really hate New Years celebrations. Really, really hate them. I've never been a big fan of the thought of New Years to begin with. This whole "out with the old, in with the new"...phooey! I'm also a little leery of the whole thought of resolutions. I usually start thinking about my goals for the next year around this time, and I suppose some people consider those resolutions...but I guess I've always thought of New Years resolutions as these "big changes" we all intend to make for the new year. Like, I'm going to lose that 50 pounds I put on at Christmas or I'm going to have that nosejob so I can go out in public and feel normal again. *sigh* I guess it's always good to start new. But as for this New Years celebration, I'll be buried under the covers in bed!

No comments: