Sunday, October 21, 2007

Stupid Fly...

So...there's this fly that has been pestering us in the workroom for over a week now. I swear that Jean killed the stupid thing earlier this week. But no...it's still here...resurrected from it's ever dead state to bother us again. The (insert choice expletive here) fly has a distinct way of knowing just when to buzz in your face and make you look like a fool when you're trying to help a patron or are on the phone and can't move your arm quick enough to get it. *sigh* Okay, so there might be more than one...but still...I'm starting to go nuts dealing with them! And of course, when you break out the fly swatter there is not one to be found! It's like taking your car to the mechanic because it's making funny noises, but when you get to the shop, does it do it? Heck no! Bah! I'll get you my pretty...yes...yes, I will...*cue hysterical witch-like laughter*

Speaking of flies, this reminds me...next year's summer reading program is going to have a bug theme. If you ask me, it's kind of gross...but I'm sure the kids will go wild over it! Just so long as Alicia, our children's librarian isn't planning on bringing any creepy little crawly things into the building, I think I'll be okay. If you haven't figured out yet, I'm not particularly fond of bugs. Especially crunchy ones. You know, the ones that make that sickening crunching sound when you whack them with a shoe or other large object of choice. Oooh, I'm getting chills just typing about it....yuck!

In the meantime, if you or your child are eager to learn about those little things that gross me out, we have a lot of great books and even a few movies for you to check out! Even a few that may make you go "Ewww..." or "Oooooh!" You don't have to wait for our summer reading program to start checking out our buggy materials! Besides, those books on bugs...well, I think they're going to be in high demand come summer, so why not start now?

No comments: