Thursday, November 15, 2007

Puppy Love




I first must preface this blog by saying that we actually had intended to go live with this about a month ago but yeah...we've been a little preoccupied here at HPL. So if you want to see the beginning, scroll to the bottom of the page!




I haven't always been a big "dog person". You see, I've come to discover that a lot of people are catagorized by what kinds of pets they own and it generally comes down to "dog people" or "cat people". I grew up with cats and was never really around a lot of dogs growing up. Except for my uncle's dogs. I actually had a pretty bad experience with a dog as a child that led me to have a slight fear of them. It's not that I hate them, it's just that I was never very comfortable around them. Especially the big ones that jumped. I'm short and to be quite honest, it's a little intimidating to have a dog be the same height as you...especially when jumping and barking...

But alas, all that has changed now. My boyfriend has a beautiful German Shepherd named Mahalo. She has become my "adopted" dog. But more than that, she's my love. I always knew that cats had pretty distinct personalities (my parents have a cat we call "catzilla"---I'll let you take a guess as to why). But I never realized that dogs could have just as distinct personalities! Mahalo constantly keeps me amused with the many facets of her personality...for example...I have never seen an animal pout the way this dog can! See example below:

Have you not seen a more pathetic looking dog?! She was pouting because we wouldn't let her go outside while Tim was working on the deck. It was lightly raining and we didn't want her to get all muddy. (Did I mention she's not a big fan of baths?!) So what does she do? She pouts...in front of the sliding glass door... for the entire afternoon while he worked outside!

So there you have it, a little insight into my life and my love (s).

See...I'm not always whiny...okay...almost always...but still, I have my good days!

No comments: