Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"PL-AAH" The Final Chapter


Okay, okay...I promise this will be my last blog post about PLA! Just a few quick odds and ends to wrap up about my experience at the conference.

I cannot believe that I forgot to include this in my other blog posts! I got to meet Gene and Bill who are the creators of my all time favorite comic strip ever... Unshelved!

You don't even know what these guys mean to me. They are my hereos. I feel like we are connected on some deep librarian spiritual level.

I literally squealed like a little girl when I saw them at the exhibits hall at PLA. No lie. Squealed. And then when I actually got up there to meet them? I gushed and giggled obnoxiously like pre-teen girls do for the latest boy band phenom. It was so terrible. Yet, so right! I actually got them to autograph a t-shirt and a book for me.

Oh god, I'm feeling so flustered and giddy just typing about this. Be still my heart. The only thing I didn't manage to do was get my picture taken with them. That's okay. They're images will forever be imprinted on my heart. *smiles* Could I really be anymore pathetic?!

Actually, yes, I really could be! The exhibits hall at PLA was insanely big. By insanely, I mean you could easily take two days and never make it through all of the vendors that were there. Insane. And the best part? Every one of them wanted to give you free stuff. I love free stuff. But the thing was...it wasn't the cheezy, stupid stuff...it was cool stuff. Like books. Lots and lots of books. I came home with five...count 'em...five big bags *full* of books. It actually got to the point that I had to make trips to the car because of how much stuff I had. Most of the books were advanced copies of books that will be coming out in the next few months. But hey, who cares?! They're free books!!

*sigh* So I think this will wrap up what I will blog about my experience at PLA. There's plenty more I could probably say...then again...you're probably sick of me gushing about it. "Enough" you say...get back to the whining...you're right...enough.

I promise.

I'm done.

Over and out.

No comments: